Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Homemade Zucchini Bread



I made some zucchini bread for our family tonight, and it was pretty tasty!  I’ve tried several recipes but I decided to create my own and omit all the brown and white sugars, substitute healthy oils for bad ones, etc.  I wasn’t sure if it would turn out, but it did!  I made ours gluten free this time around!

Healthy Zucchini Bread

Ingredients:

4 TBSP. Coconut Oil (or melted butter)
½ Cup honey
2 eggs beaten
1 ¾ cup whole wheat flour (or see gluten free note below)
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup grated zucchini (I used one large zucchini)
½ cup raisins (optional)

Directions:
Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon) and set aside.  Beat together coconut oil, eggs, honey, and vanilla.  Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix together.  Fold in grated zucchini and raisins.  Pour into greased loaf pan. 

Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. 

Gluten Free:
I substituted Pamela’s Baking Mix for the flour and omitted the baking soda and powder since Pamela’s Mix already has that in it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment