Saturday, March 7, 2015

Roasted Vegetables (Beets, Potatoes, Carrots, and Apples)





Beets.  They are one of those vegetables that just don't sound too appealing.  Am I the only one? They just look like a lot of work, and I don't know what to do with them. I tried making something with them once, they didn't taste very good, so I kind of just gave up on them.  Until recently.  My aunt made some roasted vegetables when we went to her house for dinner a few weeks ago.  They were great, and beets were part of the medley.  She said that roasting them is the best way because it caramelizes them and gives them a great flavor.  So today, I roasted some beets!  Enjoy!

Ingredients:

  • 2-3 Beets, Peeled and chopped small
  • 1 Bag of Baby Carrots, cut into small chunks
  • 3 Large Red Potatoes or 2 Large Sweet Potatoes or combination of both, diced 
  • 2 Apples, diced (I didn't peel them)
  • 2 Tbsp. Oil of Choice (I used Avocado Oil.  Coconut oil or Olive oil would work great too.)
  • Generous sprinkling of a high quality sea salt.  Here is a good choice.

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  • Cover baking sheet with parchment paper. 
  • After all of the vegetables have been diced, toss in oil and sprinkle with salt.  Place on the baking sheet and bake for 45-55 minutes, stirring half-way.  


The apples give the vegetables a slightly sweet flavor.  Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment